Marwa Shirbini murdered in German courtroom
Protect-Hijab urges the public to respond to the killing of Marwa Shirbini (32 years old) who was stabbed 18 times and killed. The 3 month pregnant mother of one, Egyptian born Marwa was a pharmacist in the German town of Dresden. She was continuosly harassed by her assailant (identified as Alex W.), and at least once physically attacked by him when he forcefully removed her Hijab in a school playground.
Marwa appeared in a court hearing to testify against him on July 1st. During the hearing, he produced a knife and viciously attacked Marwa, stabbing her 18 times in front of her 3 years old son before anyone successfully intervened. Her husband attempted to shield her, and was also stabbed and then mistakenly shot by an armed guard who thought he was the attacker. Alex W. is now being held on suspicion of murder. Her Funeral gathered thousands of her supporters and friends in Egypt last Monday.
WHAT CAN YOU DO?
1. Attend the Picket
Saturday 11 July 12pm
In front of German Embassy, London
( 23 Belgrave Square, SW1X 8PZ )
Nearest Tube station: Hyde park and Sloane Square
2. Watch the youtube video below and related videos.
3. Send a letter to the German Embassy in the UK
23 Belgrave Square,
4. Jumaah Khutba
Dedicate next Jumaa Khutba (Friday) to speak about the incident. More details about the incident.
6. Write to Human Rights Organisations
7. Write an article to the newspapers
Write to the main stream media in Germany and the UK requesting them to focus on the crime and what it means to you.
9. Dedicate a minute of silence in any of your forthcoming gatherings. Focus people?s attention on the atrocity.
10. Write comments in chat rooms. Help people to understand how vicious this crime was and why it must not be forgotten.
Visit the facebook page dedicated to Marwa and add your opinion
12. Contact the family to express your condolences
Send Telegram to AlShirbini Family, 18 Ahmad Fathy Street, Glim
This will help them through their grief.