Gaza Demonstration and Rally dates across the UK
The Last Prophet (sa) of Allah (swt) stated: ‘He who amongst you sees something abominable should modify it with the help of his hand; and if he has not strength enough to do that, then he should do it with his tongue; and if he has not strength enough to do even that, then he should (at least abhor it) from his heart; and that is the least of faith’ [Sahih Muslim]
Action For Gaza
- American supplied Israeli F-16s, bombing the 1.5m residents of Gaza
- After five continuous days of bombardment death toll at nearly 500
– many women and children
- Thousands injured and tens of thousands homeless, refugees fleeing
for their lives
- Israeli jets bomb university and mosques
- Israel recalling its reservists and mobilising troops for a ground
- Gaza effectively a prison-like enclosure totally controlled and
sealed off by Israel
- 1.5 million inhabitants of Gaza denied access to basic foods and
medicines by economic blockade.
- Western governments and the UN have insidiously tried to equate
the deaths of 17 Israelis since 2005 with the massacre of nearly
500 in five days.
- Extensive speculation that the Massacre is linked to the forthcoming
- Secret meeting between Israeli and Arab governments prior to Massacre
- Egypt exacerbates suffering by closing it border with Gaza
- Iran make empty rhetoric while doing nothing to defend the people
- Syria calls for useless Arab Summit to justify inaction
- Regional Muslim governments silent knowing that they face public
- Egyptian, Syrian and Iranian Government can defend people of Gaza
SPEAK NOW – CALL ON THE MUSLIM ARMIES TO DEFEND GAZA â?? DO NOT
ACCEPT THE SILENCE AND INACTION OF THE GOVERNMENTS OF THE MUSLIM LAN
Gaza Demonstration and Rally dates across the UK
Following is a list of dates, places with timings where demonstrations
against the Israeli raid on Gaza are scheduled.
Friday 2nd January 2009
5pm to 6pm. Centre, opposite
2pm to 4pm. Outside the Egyptian
Embassy, 26 South Street, London, W1K 1DW. Call for Egypt to
open the border immediately.
5pm to 7pm. Piccadilly Gardens.Â Demo
Saturday 3rd January 2009
1pm. Infirmary Fields, Bradford
– March and City Centre rally
3pm to 4pm. Centre, opposite
Assemble 10.45am for 11am start.
Gaza protest march from Millennium Square (Gala Theatre) through Durham to Cathedral.
12 Noon. Foot of the Mound, Princes Street.
12 Noon at Bedford Square, Exeter High Street Bring flowers and wear black if you can One minute vigils every half hour. Well have petitions, leaflets, banners etc. Join in with friends, relatives, EVERYONE!!
12 Noon. Outside Lloyds TSB St Vincent Street, then assemble for demo at Blytheswood Square at 2pm
3pm Vigil in Harold Place.
11am. Queen Victoria Square.
12 Noon to 2pm St. Lukes Church – top of Bold Street.
- LONDON (Major Rally) 12.30pm onwards. Demonstration
and rally: Assemble at Parliament Square/Embankment, SW1. Nearest tube Westminster.
Assemble: 12 noon on Cavendish St, All Saints Park on Oxford Rd. Manchester (further down from the BBC) March through city centre to Albert Square.
12 Noon to 2pm Greys Monument in Newcastle.
- NORWICH12 Noon to 1pm, Outside St. Peter
Mancroft Church in the Millennium Library Square
- PORTSMOUTH11am. Guildhall Square. Organised
by Portsmouth Network for a Just Settlement of the Arab-Israeli
Conflict, and Portsmouth Stop the War Coalition.
- SHEFFIELDAssemble at 12 Noon. Outside
Sheffield Town Hall.
- TUNBRIDGE WELLS12 Noon. Tunbridge Wells shopping
- YORK1pm. St. Sampsons Square in York.
|*** Action alert ***
Write to your MP urging them to insist that Prime Minister Gordon Brown
acts to ensure:
â?¢Â An immediate end to Israel’s military assault on Gaza
â?¢Â An immediate end to the blockade and siege
â?¢Â An end to Israel’s violations of international
â?¢Â An end to Israeli occupation
Please use the sample letter below:
As you know the people of Gaza are being bombarded by a devastating
onslaught from Israeli F16s, tanks and warships.
Nearly 400 people have been killed in three days and while we
deplore the firing ofÂ rockets from Gaza into Israel this can in no
way justify the systematic slaughter being conducted by IsraelÂ on
a captive unarmed civilian population.
This slaughter follows almost two years of blockade which has
prevented essential supplies of food, fuel and medicines from reaching
the Palestinian people in Gaza and causing untold suffering.
I believe that the people of Britain are horrified by the current
situation and would like to ask that you requestÂ the Foreign Secretary,
David Miliband, to say exactly what measures the government is taking
to ensure an immediate end to the military attacks on Gaza and an immediate
end to the siege as the first step in ensuring that international law
is upheld in relation to the rights of the Palestinian people.
I would also like you to press the Foreign Secretary to take
steps to ensure that the favourable status of Israel in the EU, including
the EU trade agreement is removed immediately since it is a country
which is violating international law and I do not wish my taxes to
contribute to the economy of such a state.
Boycott Israeli Goods – Join the protests â??Take Action Now!
The Palestine Solidarity Campaign (PSC) aims to raise public awareness about the occupation of Palestine and the struggle of the
Palestinian people. PSC seek to bring pressure on both the British and Israeli government to bring their policies in line with international
law. PSC is an independent, non-governmental and non-party political organisation with members from communities across the UK. Join PSC
Palestine Solidarity Campaign
Box BM PSA
Tel:Â Â 020 7700 6192 Fax:Â 020 7609 7779
Email: email@example.com Web: www.palestinecampaign.org