In the historical context he reminded us of:
- The Sahaba and how we should follow their footsteps.
- The youth from the Sahaba
- The instrumental role the youth played in the Hijrah of the Prophet.
The take away message:
The understanding from this Khutbah is that we also have youth amongst are growing up wasting their time doing what ever they do, watching movies and browsing the internet. Those same energies that they have, they can be harness for the future of Islam. If we use them, utilise them and bring them into use and we harness this energies they can beneficial for Islam. They can be beneficial for future of Islam in this country. But if we let them go then these youths are going wasting their time, and that energy that they could be using for the promotion of Islam. That energy is going to be used for other wasteful activities in committing sins and basically disobeying Allah Subhanahu wa ta’ala.
The main thing is we have to make sure we utilise our youths.
And how to do that:
- Volunteers in the Mosques
- Youth with Leadership quality to take lead programme involving the youths.
Once they start taking part and make mosques their second homes, then we?ll find these energies are put into correct use, InshaAllah.